Monday, November 22, 2010

Time for ART!



So, anyway. It's getting cold and time to hang up the yaks and maybe even the bikes for the year. It's TIME FOR ART!

And I've been on a roll! After I made that first Tiki head, that was it....I've been at it for the last few weeks. I did have a bad start though. Seems my oven is off by about 15 degrees. When I set it to 275, it's actually more like 300....doesn't seem like much, right? Well, it's just enough that the first batch I made (about 10 of them)....the eyes sorta boiled out of their heads! About 8 hours of work down the drain! (Dang! Shoulda saved one so I could post a picture of it....if I find one, I will.)

Since then, I've got an oven thermometer hanging off the rack and they've been coming out great! I've been trying my hand at making "boners" again. They're hard to make for some reason, but have a few nice ones.

Well, it stopped RAINING out, so maybe I should bring a batch of them to The Flying Pig.

No comments:

Post a Comment